What Personal Information About Customers Does the Website Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us continually improve your experience at the Website. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on the Website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, enabling processing of your online orders, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Website. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at the Website if we cannot recognize you, and you may be unable to complete online purchases through the Website, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: Sometimes we send e-mail promotions or offers to Website customers. If you do not want to receive such e-mails, you can choose to opt-out of any future e-mail communications by following the opt-out instructions included in these e-mails.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart during online purchases.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of the Website’s features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include shopping cart hosting, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might be provided to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- We use reasonable precautions to keep the information that is disclosed to us secure. We work to protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using shopping cart technology that uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information that you input. If at any time you would like to make a purchase, but do not want to provide your credit card information online, you may contact a sales representative over the telephone. Simply call (877) 344-7409. It is our practice to contact customers if a problem should arise with your purchase or if we need to send you a normal business communication regarding your purchase.
- We do not use your credit card number when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third parties or for any actions of any third parties that receive any of the information that is disclosed to us.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of Website features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, you can choose to opt-out of any future e-mail communications by following the opt-out instructions included in our promotional e-mails.
User Account, Password and Security
For certain features available through the Website, we may require the use of encryption technologies provided for your protection and/or your use of a UserID and password after setting up a User Account. We use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy of your UserID, password, User Account information and credit card information by utilizing an SSL connection. Accordingly, your UserID, password, User Account information and credit card information are encrypted using an SSL connection and are not expected to be read in an intelligible form as they travel to the Website. You, however, are ultimately responsible for protecting your UserID, password, User Account information and credit card information from disclosure to third parties, and you are not permitted to circumvent the use of required encryption technologies. You agree to: (a) immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your UserID, password and/or User Account, and/or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your User Account at the end of each session. While we may provide certain encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that information transmitted through the internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
The Website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13 and does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use the Website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not collect personally identifiable data from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that a user under the age of thirteen (13) is publicly posting or sharing personally identifiable information on or through the Website, then we will use reasonable measures to block that user from accessing these areas of the Website.
Information You Give Us
You provide us with information when you search, buy, or communicate with customer service or sales. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through the Website; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; or complete an online form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and telephone number; and content of e-mails to us.
Examples of the information that we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; and the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from the Website, including date and time of your visit.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information that we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase information; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
European Union Users
Privacy Outside the Website
The Website may contain various links to other websites, including links to various third party service providers. Company is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites. Please check with those websites in order to determine their privacy policies and your rights under them.
Your use of the Website will also be governed by the Terms and Conditions of Use (www.civilwarmonitor.com/terms).
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you have additional questions or comments of any kind, if you see anything on the Website that you think is inappropriate or if you would like to have any or all of your personal information withheld from third party organizations and companies and/or from third party service providers, please let us know by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by sending your comments or requests to:
Bayshore History, LLC
P.O. Box 428
Longport, NJ 08403
Attn: Customer Care – Web Site Issues
Copyright © 2013 Bayshore History, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
EFFECTIVE AS OF: September 1, 2011
LAST UPDATED: September 1, 2011
Sign up here for regular email updates, including our free newsletter and special offers.
A brief visual look at one of the Civil War's most common medical procedures.